The Fishbowl Effect--- On Forgiveness


The Fishbowl Effect

Shifting into a mature mindset is to hone in on forgiveness. Society tells me to forgive, and I will do away with all the wrongs it has since introduced to me. Every motive, every projected situation, every hostile encounter originates from society, not from the individual. We are but children of the culture, lacking in some forefront knowledge that restricts us from complete empathy. By some quick wistful thought we impose our values to our proximal neighbors, and by this transient nature births society. 


How can the fish lament on the water that gives it life, however dirty and filthy the water is? 


They say that when you forgive, a physical weight slips from your shoulders. So let this message find me, let this moment wrap around me: let the warm light in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ArtificiaI General Intelligence Safety Fundamentals Notes

A year, introspectively summarized

Vicissitude