A year, introspectively summarized

    

    


    A year, introspectively summarized

    A primal and gravitational feeling is the feeling of belonging--- though the whole sense of "purpose" is artificial, defined deliberately by people who want others to emulate them. Emulation stunts creativity, just as the proclivity to belong stunts agency. I am delighted by the platform that I am given to practice my agentic self, now and continuously onward.

 

    There will be a time when the basis of your understanding, you learn, was fabricated---even some of your strongest beliefs need reinterpretation, the very framework under which you operate proves inflexible and restrictive. Perhaps the best remediation strategy then is desensitization of the action-oriented part of your mind. You must compromise scaling for precision. 


    In January, I wrangled with partial differential equations and AI Safety fundamentals course with BlueDot. In February, I wrapped up two of my internships. In March, I explored much of Los Angeles, went to Denver for a short time, and was enticed by an opportunity for a conference to Orlando. In May, I began my graduate test prep. In June, I graduated UCLA. In July, I traveled back to my hometown for the first time in ten years. In August, I attended the aforementioned conference in Orlando. In September, I was informed that I would be moving to New York for work and started my AI Governance curriculum. In October, I became a part of an data org and lived in Manhattan. In November, I started on my first POC in the AI/ML guild and feel the weight of many deliverables.

 

    Considering the carbon footprint I've incurred upon my earth flying this year, I've discounted it by taking the matter into my own feet in Manhattan. 2023 has been a tumultuous year, but I think I gave it my all. Happily onwards!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ArtificiaI General Intelligence Safety Fundamentals Notes

Vicissitude